Why is this watch special? Besides the obvious reason that it was a gift from my wife, the fact that it is a Limited Edition made for the Philippines also makes it special. Though I am not Filipino myself, my wife is Chinese Filipino (born and raised in the Philippines, but from Chinese parents)... so I somehow feel connected to the Philippines ;-).
So what are the difference between this model and a regular P1 model you may ask? At first glance they are look quite similar, but upon closer inspection, the subtle differences are clear. Here is a list of the differences,
- Minute ring is silver (black on regular P1)
- SevenFriday ring is black (silver on regular P1)
- Numbers on 24-hour indicator disc is dark red (white on regular P1)
- Numbers on seconds indicator disc is dark blue (white on regular P1)
- Window showing balance wheel has a white frame (metallic on regular P1)
- Red and blue stripes near the opening on the dial (both stripes are black on the regular P1)
- Special engraving on the caseback displays the number out of 150 (regular engraving on regular P1)
- Watch comes with 3 straps, originally mounted on a white strap with red/blue parts and a gold stitching... all colors found in the Philippines flag. The other two straps are the black rubber and the black leather calf (black leather calf only on the regular P1).
The small splash of color on the dial is all this watch needed to become even more attractive.
Special thanks to @wifeofawis for this thoughtful and beautiful gift... another timepiece that joins the "keepers" group in my collection.