My name is Brian H. (@lifeofawis) and I am a self-proclaimed WIS. For those who are unfamiliar with the term WIS, it stands for "Watch Idiot Savant". Or as others might say, watch nerd or watch geek.
I decided to create my own website with the sole purpose of sharing my passion for watches, personal opinions, and watch adventures with the rest of the watch community. Think of it as my take on horology... but in an ad-free and non-commercial environment. Free of brand influence and swayed editorials.
My passion for watches started in the summer of 2007 after I purchased my first Panerai, a PAM 164. The list of watch brands that I currently own or have owned in the past include (in no particular order): Rolex, IWC, Panerai, Chanel, Audemars Piguet, Omega, Chopard, Zenith, Bell & Ross, Cartier, Hublot, TAG Heuer, Graham, Maurice Lacroix, Longines, SevenFriday, Hamilton, TechnoMarine, Stowa, Steinhart, Magrette, Pinion, Seiko, Helson, Lum-Tec, Movado, Welder, Ball, Swatch, Casio, and a few others.
As you can see, I believe that diversity is the spice of life. Similarly, this website will have a bit of fashion, lifestyle, luxury, and tons of watch related posts for you to enjoy. New original content is published regularly!
So what can you expect from this blog and how is it different from all the other watch blogs?
- Exclusive look inside the life and mind of a WIS (me!)
- Everything watches from my perspective
- Ad-free and non-commercial environment. Free of brand influence and swayed editorials
- All original content based on my personal opinions and experiences, unless otherwise noted
- All original photos taken by me, unless otherwise noted
- Complete coverage of brands, from Seiko to Patek Philippe and everything in between
- Watch reviews that are honest and fair
- Reports of different watch related events and GTGs that I attended personally
- Interviews with watch collectors and key figures from the watch and aftermarket strap industries
- Educational posts meant to hopefully teach you a thing or two
- Wife of a WIS blog section, my wife's (@wifeofawis) take on the watch world and much more