Last Saturday, @wifeofawis and I decided to host a small get-together dinner at our place to celebrate @toysofawis' (my cousin) and another friend's birthday. A few weeks before my wife's aunt had taught us how to make home-cooked prime rib roast so we figured it was the perfect time to give it a try!
It is as easy and fool-proof as it gets. Below is a quick rundown of the recipe.
- You will need: a prime rib roast (about 4-5 pounds, we just bought ours from Costco), 8-12 smashed garlic cloves, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Make sure to take the prime rib roast out about 2 hours before cooking to allow it to get to room temperature.
- Once the meat is at room temperature, start by cutting a few holes in the meat and stick a full crushed garlic clove inside. Try to spread them apart so there is even coverage throughout the entire meat.
- Season all sides of the meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder as desired. Make sure to season the meat at least 30 minutes before putting it inside the oven or toaster.
- Pre-heat the oven or toaster to 350F. For medium, you will want to do about 20 minutes per pound. We did about 25 minutes per pound on the toaster and it was a bit overcooked for me (medium to medium well). But even then the meat was very juicy and tasty. Next time we will definitely be doing 20 minutes or less :-).
- After the meat has cooked, let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- And that's it! Could not be any easier really... cannot wait to cook this again.
After two hours, the smell and look of the meat was just incredible. While the meat was cooking I decided to switch to my Rolex Daytona (ref. 116520) instead for the dinner lol...
It was the perfect night to bust out our China and celebrate the birthdays with some Perrier-Jouet champagne...
A few wrist shots with the food that night. @wifeofawis did a great job with the mushroom and asparagus veggie and the pasta alla checca.
And no night can be complete without the mandatory group wrist shot... From left to right, my Rolex Daytona, @wifeofawis' new Swatch Sistem51, @toysofawis' Cartier Santos 100, and my brother's Panerai PAM 498.
My daughter @babyofawis also wanted to be part of the wrist shot fun! She demanded to wear the Sistem51!